Page updated - 11 Sep 2017
Date and Time:
Saturday 4th November and Sunday 5th November 2017
10am to 5pm both days
Medina Leisure Centre
Isle of Wight
Note: We have negotiated free parking for visitors to our show.
Note: We will be able to supply refreshments this year.
Note: We have assured that the heating will be available this year!
- Adult £6.00 - this includes a complimentary show guide (more details later)
- Children (4 to 14) £3.50
- Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children) £15.00
- Note that children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
2017 show attendees.
- CHAPEL FALLS. 00 scale. By WMRG club member Paul Thomas, IOW.
- GAUGE 1 SOCIETY. This large scale 28 metre long layout fills the length of the hall.
- GRAFHAM WATER. 00 scale digital control layout. Wight Model Railway Group layout. IOW.
Based on East Anglian Kettering to Huntingdon branch line in the 1960s.
- HIGH FALLS LOGGING. 009 layout. WMRG layout IOW.
Based on a forestry logging line on the USA/Canada border.
- HOWBOURNE. N gauge. By WMRG junior member Adam Bridgewater, IOW.
Extended and further developed version of Creigiau Hill which Adam showed last year. Based in South Wales.
- NEW MERE. P4 scale. By Chris Longley, Isle of Wight.
Chris has made several changes to this extreme fine-scale layout since its appearance at last yearís show worthy of a second showing. Based on the Wincanton to Warminster section of the Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway.
- NEWPORT WEST. N scale. Steve Knapp, Sandown Rail Enthusiasts club member, IOW.
Based on a fictional Southern Region station to the west of Newport serving traffic to the proposed Solent Tunnel that never got built!
- SCHONFRAU BBW. Z scale. By Andreas Hale, IOW.
This extreme small scale layout depicts a freelance motive power depot in Germany, mainly scratch built structures. It fits in a brief case!
- SMARTSVILL. N scale. By John Walters, WMRG member. IOW.
A busy, compact layout showing what you can fit into a small space.
- STREETLEY, By Ian Smith, Newport, South Wales.
Streetley is an interactive shunting exercise where you can participate in working the layout. We showed this last year and you loved it so here it is again.
- TARRANT VALLEY RAILWAY. 009 scale. By Wimborne Railway Society, led by Steve Green.
An extensive layout depicting a fictional railway along the Tarrant River in Dorset.
- THE HILL. N scale. By Colin Chiverton, WMRG member. IOW.
A layout on several layers climbing through a hill.
- CHILDRENS LAYOUT. 00 scale. Wight Model Railway Group. IOW.
Thomas and his mates chase around this layout.
- TILGATE. 00scale. By Mike Carline, Tim Fuller, Dave Walker and Dennis Rapley all from WMRG. IOW.
This layout has run in many guises; last year it was North Eastern Region, now itís 1960s BR Southern Region steam and electric trains.
- VENTNOR. 00 scale . By Astolat Model Railway Club, led by David Wilde from Woking.
Based in the 1960s assuming the line to Ventnor remained open.
- VINTAGE HORNBY TRAINS. Gauge 0 . By Brian Bond, Newport, IOW.
HORNBY 0 gauge at its bests thanks once again to Brian.
- WELSH MARSHES. N scale. By Kenneth Woodward, Sandown Rail Enthusiasts club member, IOW.
A busy Modern image layout that takes full advantage of N scale.
- WIMBORNE STATION MODEL. 00scale. By Wimborne Railway Society led by Gordon Edgar.
A finely researched and detailed model of the long-gone station, railway and surrounding buildings in Wimborne. Excellence.
- Andy Lynch Railways
Pre-owned model railway items in various makes and gauges for sale.
- DAWNYs designs
Dolls houses and miniature displays showing modelling skills in common with us railway enthusiasts.
- PitStop, John Worley Obsoletes
John will be offering his range of model cars, trains and model railway equipment
Kytelights model lighting specialist offer the largest selection of lighting in the UK.
- Ron Lines
Ron will be offering items from his large range of quality model railways for you to buy.
- Smart Models
Many, many Model railway items for sale in all scales G,0,00 and N. Locomotives , coaches, wagons, track, accessories, spares and repairs.
- WIGHT MODEL RAILWAY GROUP
Club sales stand of model railway and transport related items, with all profits going to help our club funds.
- EPB Preservation Group.
Our sales stand supports the preserved BR Southern Region MLV, EPB and CEP units and promotes membership.
- Medway Queen Paddle Steamer Preservation Society
This group is re-creating the Medway Queen paddle steamship.
- URIE Locomotive Preservation Group
This sales stand supports the preservation of two URIE steam locmotives.
- PATRIOT Locomotive Group
This group is recreating an LMS PATRIOT class locomotive.
- VECTIS Rail Enthusiasts Club
We are a small band of railway enthusiasts based on the Island meeting monthly at the Southern Vectis Social club rooms in Newport.
- TRAIN DOCTOR
On the spot fault finding, advice and repair (If possible) for model trains.
- MODEL BULLEID LOCOMOTIVES
A static display of model locomotives and how to add more detail to them.
Justin Philips shows how to make models look more realistic using his weathering techniques.
Try your luck on the Club Tombola stall with some great, instant prizes. All profits to help club funds.
For Details concerning exhibiting or selling at the show contact our exhibition manager:
Mr Dennis Rapley
Isle of Wight
Telephone 01983 755527